Подробнее - на сайте: http://study-english.info/everyday-idioms.php#ixzz2dxWEcunv
- Idioms with clothes - A lot of English idioms use clothes to describe different situations
- Idioms with Numbers - A lot of English idioms use numbers to describe different situations
- Idioms that use parts of the body - A lot of English idioms use parts of the body to describe different situations
- Idioms using words for weather - There are many different idioms for describing weather
- Idioms using the word - The word "heart" can be used to describe many different feelings
- Idioms using - Idioms using "as + adjective + as a(n) animal"
- Sweet Idioms - Using a "sweet" idiom to describe feelings
- Colorful Idioms - A lot of English idioms use colors to describe feelings
- Dogs, Dogs, Dogs
Idioms Using the Word "Dog"
In alphabetical order
A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush:
Having something that is certain is much better than taking a risk for more, because chances are you might lose everything.
A Blessing In Disguise:
Something good that isn't recognized at first.
A Chip On Your Shoulder:
Being upset for something that happened in the past.
A Dime A Dozen:
Anything that is common and easy to get.
A Doubting Thomas:
A skeptic who needs physical or personal evidence in order to believe something.
A Drop in the Bucket:
A very small part of something big or whole.
A Fool And His Money Are Easily Parted:
It's easy for a foolish person to lose his/her money.
A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand:
Everyone involved must unify and function together or it will not work out.
A Leopard Can't Change His Spots:
You cannot change who you are.
A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned:
By not spending money, you are saving money (little by little).
A Picture Paints a Thousand Words:
A visual presentation is far more descriptive than words.
A Piece of Cake:
A task that can be accomplished very easily.
A Slap on the Wrist:
A very mild punishment.
A Taste Of Your Own Medicine:
When you are mistreated the same way you mistreat others.
A result that is still unclear and can go either way.
Читать далее... Play the Game
По матералам сайта engblog.